Gain new skills and experience, meet new people, and make a lasting difference to people’s lives.
Volunteers are absolutely vital to our organisation. Whether you are providing admin support and ensuring services run properly, empowering people to develop skills and confidence at our recovery groups, or helping out at an event, you will be making an enormous difference to the lives of our members.
We have many roles to meet different skills and availability, you don’t need previous experience – just a positive attitude and a little time. You could help in any one of the following ways:
- Driving a mini- bus to take our young people on day trips
- Helping our youth workers run one of our youth club sessions (DBS required)
- Provide input to our young people by teaching them a skill (eg playing a musical instrument)
- Selling tickets for one of our fund-raising events
- Hold a coffee morning, a jumble sale, garage sale (or similar event) for a group of your friends and neighbours to spread the word about Base
33 and raise funds
- Helping to organise one of our events
- Helping to publicise an event (putting up posters)
- Using Social Media to let people know about our work with Young People, and how they can help
- Helping the charity to connect with other people who may be interested in volunteering
- Speaking at your local church, club or school to let people know about our work with Young People
- Your workplace could be an excellent place to publicise our work, or you may be able to suggest Base 33 as a local cause that is well worth
- Do you have a long held wish to run a marathon, skydive, or do something else that your friends would like to sponsor? This can be an excellent
way to spread the word about Base and to raise funds.
If you would like to learn more about Base 33 or help in any way at all please contact our CEO, Wendy Dawson, on 07590 556968 or email her at